Thursday, January 19, 2012

2 - Somewhere to hang my hat.

I suppose I could get rid of some cowboy hats.  Although not suitable for showing horses after they are bent and dirty, they sure do have a lot of character and history, and just plain old look cool.  But, where to keep all the hats?  I have 5 of my own, and believe it or not, my husband has one too.  His was never worn to any horse shows, but rather to bars in college.  I'm sure when he looks at his hat, he has some memories quite a bit different than mine!

Regardless, I have a small collection.  My show hats, I keep in boxes so they stay clean and maintain their shape.  They take up space - boring.  As for my others, here is what I have come up with:

I also hung up a hunt cap that was no longer up to safety standards.  Yes, that is the bathroom.

My hats decorate the walls with something besides photos of the kids, they look cool, their neutral colors go with most everything, and they free up my closets for storing things I want to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment